Wills Smart Technology is a great fit for tracking and managing law enforcement equipment. Most law enforcement agencies have some sort of asset tracking in place for their equipment. Typically the equipment is numbered numerically with stickers on both the equipment station and the equipment itself. A regulatory inspection certificate is required to be signed off and attached after the equipment is serviced. The problem with most systems and asset tracking methods is when equipment is used, moved or taken away for off-site service by contractors, there is no way of knowing which item comes from which facility, when it was taken or why?
Additionally, especially for rural facilities, you need a way to prove that the contractor went to the facility and serviced all the equipment without driving out to a do a physical inspection. With Wills Smart Technology you can require them to scan all the equipment proving that they were there and that all the equipment was checked. Wills Smart Technology uses the GPS function of the mobile device along with the photograph to pull the exact data, time and location of where the asset was photographed giving you all the proof you need that the contract was on location when they said they were. Also, you get the added benefit for a visual confirmation from the photograph that the work was completed.
Law Enforcement was developed for those Agencies who want to have better control over their many pieces of police gear and to save time tracking down critical pieces of equipment. The software uses fast and accurate barcode technology for check in/check out of the equipment. Know where it is, when it is due back, and whether it needs maintenance.
The software is easy to implement, easy to use and affordable. Ask about our Data Upload feature to accelerate the initial data entry.
- Know where your equipment is when you need it
- Retain detailed records for audit trail
- Schedule & track maintenance of equipment
- Kit one officer’s equipment for easy one-scan check-out
- Report overdue equipment
- Reserve equipment
- Print reports and design custom queries
- Small 2-D “dots” available for labeling small items
The results of implementing law enforcement asset tracking:
- Significant time savings – both for the station and the field you serve
- No more lost items – look up these components and find their locations immediately
- Eliminate guesswork from repair and replacement decision-making
- Reduced taxes
- Savings on property insurance
- Reduced asset losses
- Fast audits
- More accurate reporting
- Know what you own
- Know where your assets are
- Know who has them
- Know what condition they are in
- Store all information related to an Asset in one location
- Save Time and Money!!!